Monday, October 26, 2009

Quote of the Week

When I recently visited the doctor , I noticed Christian music being played on the PA system. After the doctor finally came in to the little waiting room, I asked him about his church affiliation. He mentioned a local church about which I had heard and I said , "Oh yes..they hold to the Reformed Faith, correct"? He replied, " We don’t know much about doctrine..we just all love Jesus!" Which brings me to the quote of the week:

"The only universal that unites everyone in any mainline denomination is that they all, on some level, love Jesus. As J. Gresham Machen noted in 1923, it may not even be the same Jesus, but they all love him, whoever he may be to you."

Heidelblog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to be able to love the Jesus of our own making....?

I believe that Biblically this is referred to as idolatry. Even the idea of a "minimalist faith" is the opposite of pursuing holiness and growing in maturity.