1. A news anchor at a FOX affiliate in Maine has received “hate mail and nasty phone calls” from viewers who think she bears a striking resemblance to the Republican vice presidential nominee. Hate MailWhat better reason to sit down and go to all the trouble to write a good piece of hate mail than the fact that someone looks like Sarah Palin. Must be an Ivy League grad! Naw, even they wouldn’t do that!
2. Palin Syrah, a 100 percent organic wine from Chile, has seen sales take a hit in a San Francisco wine bar since McCain picked Sarah Palin as his running mate. Palin SyrahWell, at least “Obama Waffles”...are selling like hot cakes. Great for the economy! Thanks for waffling, Barack. Waffles
Would someone please inform this Hollywood elitist (sexist) that many folks can’t believe he made all those movies without an iota of acting ability. Wait...they already have. Johnny Carson once declared, “He couldn't ad lib a f--- (gas expulsion) after a baked-bean dinner!" Remember, he was the one that tied the dog to the bumper of the car and headed for California. What do you expect outta him?
3. Chevy Chase on SNL’s Tina Fey portrayal of Sarah Palin: "I thought it was extraordinary how well she played her and much she looked like her, I'd like her, personally i felt we didn't need the Hillary stuff, I'd like her to go even harder. I want her to decimate this woman. This woman, I can't believe there hasn't been more about it... It's just unbelievable to me this woman is actually running for vice president." (Chevy Chase, exact quote) Chevy Chase
4. Sarah Palin has five children. She is nursing her fifth child, an infant with Down syndrome. Her 17-year-old unmarried child is pregnant. Palin has spoken against sex education or the teaching of contraception. When her water broke with her Down Syndrome baby she got on a plane and flew eight hours back to Alaska, making it only hours before the birth, a risky decision for a pregnant woman of any age. After delivering one child she went back to work the next day. After the birth of her fifth child, she was back in the office after a few days. (Sally Quinn, Washington Post) Sally QuinnSally Quinn questions Sarah Palin’s judgment. Is she a governor or a mother? How many un-Governor-like statements about a woman can be made in only 7 sentences. I think Sally Quinn should get, at least, the coveted “Flying Fickle Finger of Fate” award given out by the Laugh In crew for dubious achievements. She gets my vote. Thanks for letting us know that McCain’s running mate has 1.) five children, 2.) one with Down syndrome, 3.) one pregnant, 4.) she teaches abstinence, 5.) when her water broke she went home, and 6.) finally...after giving birth she twice went back to work in a few days. I mean, after all how could anyone in their right minds even consider for a moment, after this atrocious behavior, voting for a woman like this. How? Would this be considered “multi-tasking” by Obama....an ability to do two or more things at once?
5. For all my concern about Bush's religious beliefs, and about his merely average grasp of terrestrial reality, I have never once thought that he was an over-the-brink, Rapture-ready extremist. Palin seems as though she might be the real McCoy. With the McCain team leading her around like a pet pony between now and Election Day, she can be expected to conceal her religious extremism until it is too late to do anything about it. Her supporters know that while she cannot afford to "talk the talk" between now and Nov. 4, if elected, she can be trusted to "walk the walk" until the Day of Judgment. (Sam Harris, Newsweek) http://www.newsweek.com/id/160080Did Sam Harris mention anything about the religious extremism found at Obama’s long attended church? Obama, according to Sam Harris’ way of thinking, will evidently walk the walk of blaming the US for developing the “Aids” virus to kill African-Americans.
6. Florida Rep. Alcee Hastings on Wednesday warned two minority groups to beware of Sarah Palin because “anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks.” HastingsIt’s really hard to believe that this man would criticize anyone given the fact that his own party impeached him in 1988 for bribery and perjury. Wikipedia