Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We Still Have to Deal with Potholes


I don't necessarily agree with the claims of this video and suspect that there is some blatant hype going on here; nevertheless, if nothing else, this video should make one realize that the only "real" meaning in life is found in our relationship with God, and then in our relationships with others.

Jesus said: "And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." (John 17:26)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,

I do not know who produced this video, or the purpose for which it was intended. I also believe that much of the information is exaggerated at best, and when taken out of context, only produces anxiety.

What I do know is that productions like these (and the medium of television/video in general) have the accumulated effect of destroying our view of truth and weakening our understanding of a faithful, never-changing God.

"...test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil." (1 Thess 5:21-22).

By the grace of our Lord, we might just survive the insanity of our modern frenetic world.

Dave Van said...

Adel: Agreed! (much of the info is exaggerated) That was the reason for the mild disclaimer. Good advice, "test everything, hold on to the good". Thanks for the comment!